Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 days experience with leaking pipes


Moving to a fancier place doesn't always refer to something better. 
I got a bad experience in my new place, my first night, I woke up at 4 am and found puddle of water over my kitchen and washing room. I found that the pipe joint was not tightened properly so the water permeated. I tried to fix the pipe, I tightened the pipe and screwed it up. And no more water permeated from the pipe (Problem was solved) . Then i tried to drain the puddle which took me almost one hour. It was quite exhausting, furthermore I was tired because I had to lift so many things one day before.
My second night didn't go well also because the puddle of water was again there. Although I have screwed the pipe up, it didn't help stopping the water permeated from pipe. So I switch off the electricity for water channel, the problem was again solved. It took me 45 minutes to take the water out of my floor.
My third night, I never expect that the pipe leaked again, but it did although I have swith off the electricity for water channel. I couldn't mop the floor every day, so finally I decided to call a plumber. And yes, the problem is permanently solved. Last night, I didn't find any water puddle and I didn't need to mop anymore this morning. I saved my energy for my morning jogging. 
So the only conclusion is that don't be too self reliance when you have leaking pipes, believe me, calling the plumber may be the most efficient way to solve your leaking pipe problem. 

1 comment:

Darryl Iorio said...

I’m sorry you had to through such stressful moment. I hope you got it fixed right away though. Did you consider turning off the main switch on your water lines? That’s what I do first whenever I experience any problem on my pipeline. I may not be a 100% accurate on this one, but I think the problem is with the threading of your pipes. They might be loose or have thinned through the course of time.

Darryl Iorio